Monday, April 19, 2010

The Byodo-In Temple

As you already know from my previous post, I really appreciate Buddhism - more as a way of life and discipline of the mind than as a religion. At any rate, I was lucky enough to go visit 'The Byodo-In Temple' here on Oahu last week. I've been wanting to go for quite some time now and it was everything I hoped it would be... beautiful, peaceful, spiritual & inspiring.

Meditation.

Celebration.

Contemplation.

Ring the bell for happiness!

I want to live a long, happy life.

My fellow buddhist temple goers.

So many beautiful Japanese koi.

Chelsea took an extra long time at the wishing well.

Silly Sallys.

Oh happy day!

Me and Anita dear appreciating the beauty of Buddha.

So until next time... three wishes for three hopeful, happy girls.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for happy day. And it was so happy because we rung that bell so many times. :) PS Did you really bring that bag of granola upstairs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I was just thinking, I am SO HAPPY you have a blog. Ecstatic. Without your blog, I would be doing much less commenting in the blogging world. Keep it up Sissy.

    ReplyDelete