Sunday, April 4, 2010

Buddha

While I don't consider myself to be a Buddhist, I do love the teachings and beliefs of the religion. I have the utmost respect for Buddhism and the way of life.
I love to incorporate many of the Buddhist teachings into my own life. Lately I've been working on my thoughts. I think people don't even begin to realize how important your thoughts and thinking is.
Truly, what you think... you ultimately become.


"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." -Buddha

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become." -Buddha

4 comments:

  1. I am fond of that religion too. I enjoyed studying it when I was in college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you think, you become. Looks like it's time to make new thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, thank you so much for this post. I was needing it, I think you listened to Heavenly Father to answer my prayers!!! thank you for being in tune with your spirituality for my sake. Luv you sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy! what a lovely blog (and a lovely post:-)

    Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on Earth Mama. How sweet of you to follow my little mama blog:-)

    Ps. have you read 'Ancient Wisdom, Modern World: Ethics for the New Millennium' by the Dalai Lama? Very good, you would like it!!

    ReplyDelete