Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Professional Boat Cleaner

I cleaned charter fishing boats for 5 summers (I have since retired from boat washing). It's a rather laborious job - not the easiest or funnest thing to do every single evening, 7 days a week. Over the years i've become quite the pro at peeling off herring scales, cloroxing fish boxes, and squiggying windows!

Chelsea is gone for two weeks so I get the lovely job of cleaning her boats while she's out of town. It's been so cold up here! Rain, wind, more rain, and more wind... brr... makes for rough cleaning conditions.

But, can't beat the nice fishermen you get to see down at the harbor everyday, the great arm work out, the beautiful scenery, the wonderful salty ocean air, rockin the Grundens and Xtratuffs, and of course... the money!
Tonight I made $85 cash in 2.5 hours....Sure beats my PCC job! :)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah sis it's making BANK! You never make more than $8.5/hr doing janitor stuff in the lower 48/ including hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what you earned in 2.5 hours is more than what I earned in one week selling chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss cleaning boats of course! I love it muchos! I miss you too Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see you in those orange overalls sissy spacek.

    ReplyDelete